We all love a summer snack, right? But, sometimes, it might be tricky to find something that is refreshing, tasty and healthy at the same time. Ice-creams and popsicles are one of our best choices, but what if we want to avoid the extra added sugar, food colorants and artificial additives or preservatives? Well, we in Analogias are excited to share with you our favorite recipes of home-made, healthy and easy to make popsicles!
The following recipes are simple and effective. You and your daughter will enjoy both the making and the eating of the popsicles! Beyond the ingredients for each recipe, you will need to get popsicle moulds, a fruit blender and a knife to peel the fruits. Make sure you are the one using the knife, so it is safer for your daughter in the kitchen. Let’s start with the fun:
They are the most gorgeous of the popsicles, and also delicious!
Ingredients: actually, this recipe works with multiple fruits, anyone can make a unique selection of ingredients. Just remember, the juicier the fruit, the better will the popsicle result. Here comes our selection, for us it makes the prettiest color combination: strawberries, blueberries, kiwi and ripe peach. And also, some sugar free natural lemonade.
How to make:
- First, cut the fruits into small pieces.
- Second, arrange the fruits in the moulds in any combination you desire. You want to put the fruits as closely as possible, so that they don’t move.
- Pour the lemonade into the moulds and fill them. Tap the moulds gently to release any trapped air bubble and to make sure the lemonade reaches every little space between the fruit pieces.
- Put a popsicle stick into each mould. Freeze for a couple of hours and serve!
HAPPINESS VITAMINE POPSICLES
Ingredients: 5 large carrots and juice of 3 oranges.
How to make:
- First, grate the carrots and put them into a clean, thin towel. Fold the towel and squish it, so you can extract their juice. If you have a blender, this process will be easier. Collect the carrot juice.
- Second, add the orange juice.
- Finally, pour the mix into the moulds and freeze for a couple of hours minimum. Ready to serve!
Ingredients: half small watermelon (red layer), 3 large ripe peaches (orange layer), 5 large kiwi fruits (green layer), blueberries (purple layer), 3 large lemons (yellow layer).
How to make:
- Using a blender, puree each fruit separately with 1 table spoon of water (you can also add 30g of caster sugar if the fruit is sour, like in the case of the lemon).
- Sieve the puree in case there are some seeds or big fruit pieces.
- Fill the moulds with the colors you want. First, add a layer and freeze for an hour. Then, add a second layer and freeze for an extra hour. And go on with the number of layers you like.